Absolutely Brilliant Idea for....the absent minded!



I'm the type of person that can be walking down the street and BAM, 3 completely new ideas pop into my head and then by the time I've make it to the crosswalk, they're all gone!

So after lurking (which sounds kinds of creepy) in the Etsy forums, I came across 1 of the thousands of Etsy tips & tricks threads, someone posted that they keep a journal. Well, I started thinking (I was NOT the type to keep a journal or diary as a kid) BUT if I could remember to write important stuff down....drum rolll...EPHINANY...then I wouldn't lose all of my ideas all the time!
So I ran over to Michael's (with 40% off coupon in hand) and bought a small sketchbook for like $6. Now, I carry it wherever I go (it fits in my purse) and I've written down things like:

- sketched out new ideas (even though I can't draw, I get the idea)
- printed off pictures from tutorials, products I like, supplies, etc
- places I want to try advertising at
- places I want to think about networking with (Facebook, Twitter, EtsyLove, etc)
- new packaging ideas
- useful tips & tricks that I come across
- ways to expand my business (like newsletters, wholesale)
- blog topics that I might want to write about
- things that I like that other sellers are doing
- photography ideas, pictures of how other's have done things I've liked

The list goes on and on, each page has it's own theme, otherwise I would never be able to keep it at all organized.

Anyway, this notebook has been an absolute lifesaver. So I figured I would share the idea!
Let me know, if you decide to try it!

2 comments:

Niki said...

I am the same way! I need my lists and notebooks and calendars to remember stuff. I don't always use them, but when I do I function so much better!

Imaginative Intentions said...

I know what you mean, I function sooooo much better when I'm trying to be organized! Unfortunately, trying to be organized only lasts so long for me!

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online